9.08.2010

It's about time.

Well since I haven't blogged in, oh almost two months, I thought I would get back on top of things. This summer has been a weird one. Trav was in school until the middle of July and I was working until the beginning of August. After that we headed up to Swan Valley and stayed most of the time with family while Trav worked with Joes on the farm. He loved every minute of it and I seriously loved getting to see Lulu every day. That kid could soften even the hardest of hearts I swear. So it feels like summer just started and now we are going back to school tomorrow! I have always been a summer girl and love everything that entails but this year I just did not get my fill of warm weather and tan lines and melty ice cream cones. Good thing we have family in arizona we can visit in a few months when the weather really starts chilling our bones.


In spite of being the summer lover that I am, I have always loved back to school time. It's seriously one of the best times of the year and I love the new clothes and sharp pencils that go along with it. It's just a really refreshing time of year and I always think of the new year starting in september and not january. Since we have not really been at our apartment much all summer I haven't been cooking. Like literally not cooking at all. I have been gathering recipes that I want to try and some of the old standbys that we love and I wrote up a dinner plan for the next month. I'm going to see if we can stick to this one and if it works out I want to do one every month. I obviously can't plan exactly what we will eat every night but I just put together five meals a week that we can cook whichever night we want. We have been eating out way too much lately and I have really wanted to kick that habit since it's not helping my thighs much.


Travis got a new job that he will be working part time this semester and we are both really excited about it! I'm excited because it means I get to be in school and he's excited because it's an engineering job and he is going to learn so much! Oh and the pay isn't bad either. :)


Oh and I decided to continue with my family picture/sibling posts because I only got to Ben. I thought this might be a good time since they have a new (tiny and adorable) addition to their family. More on that later.


Does anyone even read this? Ha.

2 comments:

Kelsey and Jon Edwards said...

I do! And I'm so excited you posted.
Summer was super weird for me too. That's why I'm not that sad it's over.
Cheers to a better summer next year!

Chatty Natty said...

We just did.