9.20.2010

Disclaimer: I am NOT pregnant.

Lately I have been having dreams where I am pregnant. In the most recent one, I was having quintuplets. Please pray for me that this is not a sign of what is to come. Kidding. :) After waking up and realizing it's just a nightmare dream I can't help but think about the future. With motherhood on the horizon (however distant) I often find myself wondering what kind of mother I will be. Will I be able to teach my children what's important in life? Will they be rebellious, will they fight with each other, will they be soccer players, will they make good decisions, will they like me when they grow up? With all the uncertainty of what's to come I find myself hoping that they inherit some of their father's traits. Like being funny, charming, good at everything under the sun, determined, smart, happy, witty, confident...I could go on and on. If I could just have one small peek into what it will be like to have kids maybe it would be easier to know when is the right time. Or maybe it would make me never want to have them! But I doubt it. I mean seriously. Just look at them.







2 comments:

Ande said...

Dear Bets,

I love you.

I'm ok with it if you decide to make babies. You'll totally be a good mom. Just make sure you take them with you when we go get Cocoa Bean. (Which...can we do that? Preferably before you have a baby? Cause that's too far away.)

Kelsey and Jon Edwards said...

I vote you have a baby.
Come on be the first and then tell us how it is.
Take one for the team.